INTEGRATED MEDICINE, BASIS, MISSION AND AIMS
Integration means combination or unification. “Integrated Medicine is defined as combination or unification of the modern and traditional medicine / system / healing together for its teaching, training, treatment, research and national implementation on possible scientific parameters(As all aspects of traditional medicine / system / healing cannot be bind in strict scientific boundary). The best integration is the combination of all aspects i.e. principles, diagnostics and therapeuticsin one combination but it can also be done even in principles and or diagnostics and or therapeutics. (IFDIM – 1992).
Both modern and traditional systems of treatment and healing are having strain and stress of their merits and demerits. The solution is hidden in one another. Thus when:
- None of the medical system is perfect.
- None of the medical system is useless.
- Every medical system has merits and demerits.
- Every medical system has limitations and
- Our tradition is to respect all.
Under such circumstances, the only answer is to take the best of all the available systems together and develop its teaching, training, treatment, research and national implementation which could be nearer to the perfect as perfect is only one i.e. Omniprence who is controlling the entire universe (Divine Intuitions, Revelations and Blessings of Sri Sathya Sai Baba).
It is designed and dedicated to provide the integrated medical education to the officially qualified students and practitioners of modern and traditional medicine with an opportunity to enhance their academic growth (knowledge and skills) to Post graduate (Diploma, Advanced Studies and Research Fellow) levels in order to provide the quality service to the patients and helps the community to lead a long productive life.
- To enrich modern medicine with traditional principles, diagnostics and therapeutics tools and techniques.
- To provide the possible scientific backgrounds to the traditional medicine.
- To bridge the existing gaps between modern and traditional systems of treatment and healing.